Case Study: Area Agency on Aging
Workshop Usage Surveys
The Area Agency on Aging 1-B (AAA 1-B) serves adults age 60 and over, family caregivers, and disabled adults ages 18 and older in Livingston, Macomb, Monroe, Oakland, St. Clair, and Washtenaw counties. Programs and services offered by the AAA 1-B include care management, home and community-based services, Medicare/Medicaid Assistance Program, and more.
Power Marketing Research conducted primary research with two target audiences—adults over age 60 and family caregivers. The goal was to investigate potential demand and utilization of wellness workshops. Two telephone surveys were completed as well as an intercept-style survey at a wellness expo. Additional project goals included:
- Ask respondents about use of wellness workshops/life improvement classes, etc.
- Discover how respondents currently obtain health and wellness information.
- Gather overall perception of workshop topics, cost, locations.
- Measure potential use of AAA 1-B workshops.
- Learn how much respondents are willing to pay for workshops.
- Evaluate potential names for the workshops.
- Test potential new workshops, and overall growth of the program.
- Discuss preferred locations of workshops, time of day, etc.
- Gauge whether a workshop sponsor is a deterrent or attraction.
The results from the surveys were used to help guide AAA 1-B’s decision-making for the future including the locations, subjects, and length of future workshops.