Case Study: Area Agency on Aging
Brand Awareness Surveys
The Area Agency on Aging 1-B (AAA 1-B) serves adults age 60 and over, family caregivers, and disabled adults ages 18 and older in Livingston, Macomb, Monroe, Oakland, St. Clair, and Washtenaw counties. Programs and services offered by the AAA 1-B include care management, home and community-based services, Medicare/Medicaid Assistance Program, and more.
The organization was interested in measuring current brand awareness and perceptions of the AAA 1-B among several target audiences. Power Marketing Research conducted telephone and web-based surveys with 400 family caregivers, 400 adults age 60 and over, and 150 adults with disabilities.
Survey goals included measuring the following:
- Benchmark overall awareness, name recognition and saturation of AAA 1-B among target audiences.
- Ask AAA 1-B users about which programs and services they have used, and overall levels of satisfaction.
- Gather perceptions about the types of services AAA 1-B provides and the service cost structure.
- Learn what resources the target audience uses when they need assistance for themselves or a loved one.
- Gather demographic data including age, gender, county, income, and ethnicity.
Project results helped the organization make key strategic decisions about their overall level of brand recognition and potential future marketing efforts.