Case Study: CultureSource
Member Use of Culture Volunteer Program Focus Groups
CultureSource is a member association for non-profit arts and cultural organizations in Southeast Michigan serving the following seven counties: Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Washtenaw, Livingston, Monroe and St. Clair.
The organization was interested in gathering data from members of CultureSource about their experiences using the Culture Volunteer Program. Two focus group sessions were conducted to obtain this data. PMR also developed a short survey instrument for administration to volunteer participants in the Cultural Volunteer Program.
Focus groups goals included:
- Learn if and how member organizations are using the Culture Volunteer Program.
- Explore the number of volunteers procured from postings and what their experiences were with those volunteers.
- Discover what benefits organizations are deriving from the program.
- Ascertain the overall need for volunteers.
- Probe organizations on the advantages/disadvantages of the program.
- Gauge whether the program helped the organization in capacity-building.
- Ask organizations if the Culture Volunteer Program should continue. Learn whether they would be willing to pay a fee for use and at what amount.
- Gather opinions on other ways the CultureSource could assist organizations.