Case Study: CultureSource
Focus Group Evaluation of the Strategic Alliance Program
CultureSource is a member association for non-profit arts and cultural organizations in Southeast Michigan serving the following seven counties: Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Washtenaw, Livingston, Monroe and St. Clair.
The overall goal of the project was to gather information about the Strategic Alliance project.
Focus groups goals included:
- Conduct two focus group sessions, one with the leaders of the five Strategic Alliance projects that were funded, and another with leaders from groups that were not funded.
- Learn how the Strategic Alliance project process affected organizations (both positively and negatively).
- Discuss how the Strategic Alliance project could assist organizations in capacity building and ongoing collaborations.
- Review the Strategic Alliance project and if the process assisted organizations with articulating ideas and challenges they were facing.
- Evaluate the grant funding process and consider whether the support of CultureSource assisted organizations with collaboration, obtaining funding from other sources, and any other benefits.
- For unfunded organizations, learn why they did not pursue their project when it wasn’t funded, and if the process facilitated further collaboration.