SURVEYS are one of the most reliable and effective methods for market research. Surveys are a method of marketing research in which you can learn what people are thinking — about your products, about your customer service, about a new product or a proposed name change. The data POWER MARKETING RESEARCH can gather for you from a survey can help you to avoid costly mistakes, keep your current customers happy, and attract new customers. Keep reading to learn how surveys can help you, and what kind of questions they can answer...
How Surveys Help You Succeed
Because surveys are a form of quantitative research, the results from a relatively small sample can be mathematically projected on to much larger populations. So your survey of 300 randomly chosen customers will give you an accurate picture of what your entire customer base is thinking. You can think of a survey as a form of public opinion poll conducted with customers, potential customers, or other group of your choice.
Surveys are able to:
- Give you data that can be projected to a larger population
- Get the opinions of a large group of people
- Help you segment your market
- Allow you to test pricing with your customer base
Questions Surveys Can Answer
- How do customers rate our product or customer service?
- What portion of my customers like my competitor more?
- What geographic targets am I missing?
- What is the demographic profile of my typical customer?
- What improvements and changes would my customers like to see?
- How should we fine-tune our offerings to make them more attractive?
- What can we do to win back inactive customers?
- Will our customers buy from us again?
- What is our overall level of employee satisfaction?
Surveys can't answer in-depth questions about motivations, decision-making, and new concepts — that's where focus groups can help.